USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:46:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle at Brickyard?  (Read 20325 times)
cdr4d
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »

it is dissapointing that the race wont be at the ims. im sure USAC is dissapointed as well, (it is about a 30 second drive for them). but the fact is its not.its at mini indy, which is a bad ass fast track. to me it does not matter parking lot, race track, pig barn. if 200 cars show up im there. every year the battle has gotten better and better, last year was absolutely fantastic to say the least.
Torgesen Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »

The Robbie Stanley is the non points race. The Brickyard is the points race. And cdr4d I agree. I would come and race anywhere. I had a good time at the last 2 Brickyards and expect that this year will be every bit as good.
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »

As Rob said and as stated when the schedule was released the "Robbie Stanley" is a Gen Next non points race special event.  However it will be a points race for the Midwest Thunder series and also the Mopar Midwest Series.

We are looking forward to bring the excitement back to the Stanley race for 2012 with a full field of AA's and honoring Robbie's impressive USAC racing career.

Due to scheduling conflicts with the Grand Am series racing at IMS in 2012 for the first time, we were forced to move this years event to the Mini Indy track, which we are confident will be a great host for the annual crown jewel event.

We are working with the folks at IMS to have all families in attendance attend the NASCAR Brickyard Cup event on Sunday.  This program is still in the works and we will make an announcement when it becomes official.

james
Ezone
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

I know I have seen it -- but do all the lead in races to the brickyard qualify you for the brickyard?  Or do you need to run certain races?  Does the non-points race qualify you to run the brickyard?
nancyboy
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:51:50 PM »

This years Battle at the Brickyard requires no qualifier as i understand it
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »

Mini Indy has partnered with 3 local hotels at a reduced racers rate.  Contact information will be on our website shortly.  Www.mini-indy.org
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: