USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:53:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Battle at Brickyard?  (Read 20342 times)
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »

I have heard rumor that this years Battle at the Brickyard (July 20th weekend) has been moved from inside Indy Motor Speedway to Mini-Indy Club track....Is this correct?

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
cdr4d
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »

yeah, i believe the speedway was scheduled that week or something along that line.
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »

News travels fast lol.....

It's been on the schedule almost 3 months.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:09:36 PM by TQ97 » Logged
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Was wondering if they were still going to charge over 100 dollar entery fee's since its at Mini Indy?

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
shanker
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

Racers traveling from out of town, keep in mind its the same weekend has the Brickyard 400 out at the big track.. So im sure hotels will be limited  Sad
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:48 PM »

So how is it the "Battle at the Brickyard" when it is not at the Brickyard?

I've been to the Brickyard 400 and it will be nuts in Indy that weekend.

Tony Lofton
Lofton Family Racin'
CPG Racing
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:11:26 PM »

Not sure where you are getting your $100 figure from. The Battle at the Brickyard  last year was $50 just like all the Gen Next events were last year. And I believe they are also $50 per car this year. I registered 4 cars for Atlanta and it was $200.
cdr4d
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

brickyard is 75 for first car and 50 for each additional.
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »

Brickyard attendance is way down and with our track being centered in the middle of Indy, you have plenty of options to the north, south, and east that will be just as.close and better options than hotels on the westside.
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »

I believe what people are saying AJ is hotel pricing will be at a premium that week. And why $75 for the first car ?
cdr4d
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

i dont see the 1st car being 75 this year because they wont have the cost of rent at IMS. i could be wrong though. you will have to contact USAC on that one.
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:40:47 PM »

the entry fee for the Brickyard has not yet been established.  however with it being a longer race event and more activities involved the price will be higher than a typical "Gen Next" race weekend.

for any families that have attended the "Battle at the Brickyard" in years past its a special week with lots to do in Indianapolis in addition to the fun at the .25 track.

we once again look forward to seeing everyone and awarding the one of a kind custom bricks to the top finishers in each class!

James
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 09:23:44 AM »

Thanks James, but what you may not be aware of is that in the past the special draw to the "Battle" was that it was at the "Brickyard". So some of us who have been around a while may be confused that a "Gen Next" race called "Battle at the Brickyard" is really just a second points race at Mini-Indy.

So why is it a longer race event, with Nascar in town that weekend will we have time off to go to any of the NASCAR events? What makes it a longer race weekend now that it isn't at the Speedway? Thanks

Tony Lofton
Lofton Family Racin'
Torgesen Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »

When I first heard that the Battle at the Brickyard was moved to Mini Indy I was disappointed as well. I to thought that part of the allure was that it was at IMS. However, after thinking about it I also appreciate that it is now going to be at an actual track rather than in a parking lot. Being at IMS was a big deal and I am glad to have had a my son be able to race there but at the same time I also wondered why the .25 crown jewel race was in a parking lot. Now it is at a real track within minutes of IMS. As for why it is still called the Brickyard, well here is a statement from the Mini Indy Website. “Mini Indy is a concrete track that is built to similar standards to the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Mini Indy has wide banking of 7 degrees on the straights and 9 degrees in the corners just like IMS.” “Don't forget to kiss those bricks! At the time of construction the Indianapolis Motor Speedway donated the first brick in the middle of our start finish line! These bricks were sold and engraved with the name of other supporters including Indiana's own Jeff Gordon! We take pride in our facility!” In addition, The Battle at the Brickyard is a weeklong event that is scheduled to end on Saturday with the Brickyard 400 at IMS on Sunday for a great chance for our racers to get to attend. I also have always had extra time during the week of The Battle at the Brickyard to do other things around Indy. Finally, Mini Indy only has one Gen Next points race the other is a non points race.
My two cents,
Rob
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 10:52:50 AM »

Thanks for your input Rob, I understand what you are saying. My only other question would be then, Which Mini-Inday race is the Gen Next points race, Robbie Stanley or Battle at the Brickyard? We were hoping to run enough points races this season and this is the first I've heard that one of the Mini-Indy races is not a points race.

Tony Lofton
Lofton Family Racin'
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: