March 28, 2024, 05:02:58 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Ventura 5-23 correction  (Read 6941 times)
midmad68
Rookie

« on: May 28, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »

you switched the 71 and 17k in the heat race results...it should have the 71 in second in the first heat and the 17k in fourth in the second heat.

slide or be slid...
RacerCody71
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »

You are correct, The Ventura website has that correct. We also think the Main results are wrong. We think the 71 finished ahead of the 4, No respones from the track at this time so it looks like it is what it is. We started 7th in the main and think that we should have started 6th. Should have payed closer attention at the track, our bad!
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:09:49 PM »

as far as i know, the rule is that the finish can only be altered that night at the track. any later alteration would have to go through the proper appeal process. i can't say for sure where cody finished in the main, but i know for sure that the heat race order is switched. usac may need to revise the heat race points as well with the change.

slide or be slid...
m.mcc
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 02:46:12 AM »

Just a quick FYI,

We are aware of the discrepancy and have both forwarded e-mails and had conversations with the Ventura track officials who have expressed concern over the matter as well. My understanding is that they are reviewing tapes and I expect to hear back from them. As most of you know, Pat was not with us for that race so we don't have our own scoring tapes to compare.

I'll let you know any new info as I get it.

Mike McCluney
USAC Western Developmental Series Coordinator
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: