USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:07:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: " Gen Next" PARKING  (Read 8782 times)
shanker
Rookie

« on: February 03, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »

What has the racing world come to, called today about parking for upcomming race and was told $300 for front row and $100 for other parking, but free parking was way down back..REALLY ! its for weekend race not the season. We attended the Brickyard last year (biggest event of year) & was only $50 for the whole week on front row.  Wow...wonder why car counts are down for alot of tracks Huh? Cost of parking
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:15:31 AM »

Then the first person to pay that amount of money to park a quarter midget is a fool...Maybe everyone that goes there should just take the free parking. Lmao
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »

What race is that for? I remember the Grands being that much but not USAC events.
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »

I agree but usually $100 a trailer to park at a Grands is for a week, 1-3 times a season and may come with some services such as power, trash removal, etc. When $300 is charged for parking it is usually for Vendors that are coming to make money or support their products & services. To charge $100-$300 per trailer to park each race for up to 15 events, well that can make a person think twice about going.

Just like in Politics, maybe we should have a "Occupy Free Trailer Parking" or "Parking Tea Party" and just all park in free parking. I know I could use the extra excersie walking to & from the track.   Grin

Happy Super Bowl Day (Go Eagles!.....next season) Looking forward to racing the 2012 "Gen Next" Series.

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
JRandall
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:16:40 PM »

The San Antonio club is sorry to have caused anyone to think twice about traveling to an event.  Several of us had attended many of the large events around the country and we were just pricing the parking as all of the other clubs/promoters had charged.  We have talked about this post and we have decided as a club to lower pricing to $50 for all spots.  Front row will still be $100.  Anyone that has paid another amount will have that portion refunded to them.  The earlier you get your reservation in the closer to the track you will be.  We again want to apologize for any confusion and hope that you come away from our event having a great time both on and off the track!  We are planning on having a "donation" dinner Friday evening.  You may pay what you think its worth!  We will also be having a silent and live auction that evening.  Look forward to seeing everyone in TEXAS!

Jon Randall
Race Director
LSQMA
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 05:40:26 PM by JRandall » Logged
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:01:18 AM »

Indy charged $50 for parking for the racers that had motorhomes. We didn't pay anything and was in the third row. I am not really sure as to why there is a fee to park all of a sudden. Quarter midget racing is expensive enough as it is.
gtracer
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

I have to agree Qma the cost of Qm racing adds up, But with all the money I spend to the to the track  for fuel, entry fees, tires ect.  I don't have a problem with the home club trying to make a few bucks on the parking, They have expenses that they have to pay and the members volunteer a lot of time to make these events possible.
Paying for parking dosen't bother me, but dont get me started on the price of deisel fuel!
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »

All USAC "Gen Next" National events offer FREE parking. 

For those that want to reserve spots this is also available for all events. 

If anyone has any questions feel free to call or email me.

Thanks
James
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: