USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:12:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2011-12 Buckeye Indoor WinterNationals  (Read 20469 times)
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« on: November 10, 2011, 03:01:32 PM »

Greetings to all-

Mark your calendars as the indoor winter series kicks off next weekend Saturday 11/19. Our facility has been completely renovated so we are sure to have even better racing and accomodations than ever before.

Be sure to check out www.bqmra.com for the entire series schedule along with additioanal  event information.

For those of you out of town folks coming to race with us; this year we have joined forces w/ the Baymont Inn and Suites here in Columbus to take care of your hotel needs. They will be providing our racing families w/ preferred discount rates that include continental breakfast. See additional info below:

Baymont Inn And Suites
1100 Mediterranean Avenue
Columbus, Ohio
614-848-9696
Approx 7 miles N of the Ohio Expo off I-71 at the E Dublin Granville Rd exit

QM competitor rate is:
$50/night (up to two people at that rate). 3 or 4 people per room would be $60/night.

Discount Code at Reservation is: Buckeye Quarter Midget

Please note as well that track set-up will be tomorrow night 11/11 and Saturday 11/12. If you are able please comeout and provide assistance as we need all the help we can get to make this event a success.

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
ggray
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:07:09 PM »

When do you think you might have the format posted with times, entry fees, etc?  I found the Thunder format from last February.  If it is there, please point me in the right direction!
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

We are working to get it posted ASAP. In general everything is the same as prior with the exception of entry fee are now $40/car do to rising facility costs.

Tony Crandall
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »

The indoor format sheet has finally been updated and is posted on our website.
www.bqmra.com

The biggest change will be load-in/parking on Friday: starts approx 3pm. You need to line up side by side at the top of the hill next to the dirt floored shade shelter. Do not block the road or park in front of the Voinovich building. Note- as has always been the case prior; SSS Racing will be the first one in the bldg regardless of line-up order then it is first come first served where permissable based on assigned parking spots.

We look forward to seeing everyone this weekend- Safe travels to all!

Tony Crandall
Grace
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

Can't wait for tomorrow - Love this series!!..
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »

If you are coming from the South or West do not take I 670 Eastbound to I 71 Northbound.  The detour will run you across city streets.  Take I 70 Eastbound to I 71 Northbound through downtown.  Hopefully you like orange.
Grace
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »

Remodeled building is great! new lights are a big improvment. Thank you BUCKEYE CLUB for holding this event each Winter.
lilyelloweagle
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »

we had great time. it was are first quarter midget race.. this event very smooth. i loved how are red rookie had classes it helped out alot. we cant wait till the next event.
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 02:23:49 PM »

Just a quick reminder to those of you needing a hotyel for this weekend in Columbus; be saure to use the discount cide at time of reservation:

For those of you out of town folks coming to race with us; this year we have joined forces w/ the Baymont Inn and Suites here in Columbus to take care of your hotel needs. They will be providing our racing families w/ preferred discount rates that include continental breakfast. See additional info below:

Baymont Inn And Suites
1100 Mediterranean Avenue
Columbus, Ohio
614-848-9696
Approx 7 miles N of the Ohio Expo off I-71 at the E Dublin Granville Rd exit

QM competitor rate is:
$50/night (up to two people at that rate). 3 or 4 people per room would be $60/night.

Discount Code at Reservation is: Buckeye Quarter Midget

Tony Crandall
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »

Format/Schedule Correction:

We had a typo on the format sheet and website prior regarding sign-in schedule on Sat morning. The correct info is: CLOSE AT 0900 NOT 0930 as listed prior.

Good luck to all this weekend. Thanks!

Tony Crandall
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »

I've been missing the handlers meetings due to my little guy in novice so I'm not completely up on the latest.  Was there a rule implemented that puts lapped cars to the tail during a late race restart?  Any body have any insight if that's right or not?
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

Jeff,   NO there is NOT a rule that puts lapped cars to the tail anytime during the race.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Jeff Lapcevich
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »

That's good.  More rumors I guess.  Thanks Eric.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »

Maybe more than a rumor at one time. But after further discussion they decided not to have that rule for 2012.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:08 PM »

I have a friend coming to race and he wants to know what right side tires are good for Jr. cars.

Thanks,
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: