USAC Racing Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:55:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Harness?  (Read 5582 times)
Ohio Ironhead
Rookie

« on: May 22, 2009, 12:02:05 AM »

How long are the 5-point harneses legal to run?
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 11:17:18 AM »

If you are asking how old they can be, that answer is 4 years in USAC and 2 years in QMA.  If you run in both sanctioning bodies like many do, you will be replacing them every two years.  I personally don't get the 2 year rule as I have seen belts that are 6 months old that should be replaced and belts that are 6 years old that didn't need to be replaced.  It should be based on the condition of the belts, not the age.

If you are talking about 5 point harnesses in general, they just became required in USAC with the new anti-sub belt requirement.  Before that you only had to use a 4 point harness.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Ohio Ironhead
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »

Thats what I wanted to know.  I just bought a used car and was going to replace the belts anyway.  I just wanted to know how long a set can be ran in a car.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »

The problem with the belt deal is the people in the other group think these cars are treated like the old strret stocks and people leave the cars outside.I'm ok with the 4year deal (don't totally agree) but every two years come on.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: