USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: why only one national event  (Read 7472 times)
oneracetowin
Rookie

« on: September 19, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »

for three year our club was one of the first to join usac, but as most of you all know indy is in talk with usac and looking at two national events next year. Our club is not going to have a national event this year, who here on this forum thinks kevin miller need to answer all of us some questions?
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

Mike @ mikemagnummachineworks@yahoo.com or oneracetowin

This is James from USAC and I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

There will still be a set amount of USAC "Generation Next" National events as we have done in years past.  However we will do some special events next season that are ran in the same format as National events.

The 2012 "Gen Next" calendar has yet to be finalized.  No clubs have been told they will not be hosting an event.  Lets use these forums for what they are for to help grow the sport and answer technical questions, not to spread rumors.

Feel free to call the USAC office or email me if you have any further questions.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:24:56 PM by USAC Developmental » Logged
oneracetowin
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »

Unlike you james im not going to lose my job if indy doesn’t become a usac track. I love how you guy do it you don’t like what people say so you just block them from posting anything on your forum, but knowing that all I’m saying is truth. No club has made $20,000 from your guys events. Why do you and those that work at usac lie to kids and family’s just so you guys can put your hands in there back pockets? Jame by now you know I’m a racer and me and my family are a 100% about the kids and not mom and dads wallets. You guy at usac cant make money from your big car racing, so get it from the up and coming racer before you guys have a chance to run them broke. 
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:52:01 PM »

Perhaps I can weigh in here. I am unsure of the direction you are headed with your post Mike. Our .25 program is one we started to reenergize a youth movement in motorsports and assure the connection between quarter midget racing and USAC programs such as Ford Focus and Regional Midgets stepping into the National programs. While you imply that USAC is trying to generate an income stream from .25 Series, let me assure you we have invested each year greatly. Examples? Renting premium venues where families wish to go (Disney, Indy) and having costs to put up temporary tracks for exhibitions (Milwaukee Mile and Atlanta Speedway) in an effort to grow awareness of the sport.

I am unaware of any "blocking" on our forums unless there is proven mistruths or spam. Regarding your most recent posts, I am unsure of the source of frustration. We have never publicized any facts relating to tracks profiting from .25 events. While we are pleased with the continued response from our .25 program, we have not gone out of our way to solicit tracks from joining USAC. Instead, we have been open to responding to requests about our program and have found the approach successful. Our program is not dependent on one club, nor is the question of employment based on club enrollment.

We have, and will continue to encourage, open dialogue. We ask that if you have personal concerns to feel free to contact my office directly, or the Chairman of USAC (yes my boss) Jeff Stoops. We are more than happy to meet one-one to understand the source of frustration and work together to make sure we are unified moving forward.

Kevin Miller
CEO - USAC Racing
317.247.5151 (w)
317.446.7717 (c)

Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »

Funny. You have to be a paid member, aproved by the national board to talk smack on the "other" org's forum.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

mikemagnummachineworks@yahoo.com...... Very interesting post.

That would be Mike Young, son of Dave Young,who is owner of Magnum chassis, QMA national race director and a candidate for QMA national VP? HMMMM!

Didn't know your club, Central Ohio QMA, was a USAC track and has held a national event.

A Rod
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

Thats nice. Trying to get tracks mad at each other because they have no other ways to handle things but spread false rumors. Maybe you should help Scott Howes and Julie Morris try to save whats left of region 4. Or maybe they told you to post this for them. It did not work before and will not work again. Mini Indy is USAC and you need to get over it. Keep poking the bear and eventually it fights back. Thank you James and Kevin for all you guys do to make races Events our kids will remember forever!   
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:26 PM »

Hey Mike, The Central Ohio track looks nice, could be a great place for a USAC GenNext race. Even a MWT race could have more cars in one weekend than your previous 2 years of racing combined. What is your average car count per club race?

Kris Walker
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 05:59:40 AM »

Funny. Last time I checked Kokomo was Charter #1 and this guy isn't a member of Kokomo. I was there when the presentation was made and we voted to go USAC and there were no promises made of how much revenue we would take in from events or promises of how many national races we would get. Last time I went to Kokomo the club was just happy being USAC, so go back to QMA and come up with a new plan.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: