USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:55:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Indy nationals car counts?  (Read 6101 times)
heimboyz89
Rookie

« on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

Hey there,

We are trying to figure out our schedule for the summer and we had planned on going to the qualifier at NWO and attending the first USAC NAtionals in Indy. I see the cap on car counts and now am wondering if we should make other plans since the qulaifier will be the only USAC race we will have attended up to that point. I am not ripping on the requirements at all I completely understand and agree with them, I am just trying to keep tight tabs on the racing budget in these uncertain times and get the most bang for our travel buck since we live up in the middle of nowhere. I would be bringing a LT160, a LT B, a LT AA, a Hvy 160 and possibly a Jr. Honda. If anybody can help with any information I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks

Eric Heim (a.k.a. Minesota)
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 01:26:50 PM »

Eric,

I have sent you a personal message. 

For anyone else wondering about the Nationals, running one of the District Championship races will ensure you a spot for Indy. 

The Indy Nationals event is going to be a great time, we are all looking forward to it.

This is everyones chance to beat the best!
gass
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

I can say the "Gasoline Alley Nationals" is one of the best races around for the kids.  They can leave and say they raced at IMS.  While at the races you can go to the museum and in years psat IMS has provided tours for the kids to the Pagoda which houses the Media Center etc...  We raced there 2 years ago and although my son took himself out in the "D" main it is a memory he will have.  We plan on going to Toledo to qualify.   

There is plenty to do in INDY also in case of rain they have a great Children's Museum etc...
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: