March 19, 2024, 05:00:37 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: champion of champions? the best? who?  (Read 8796 times)
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:47 AM »

Who do you all think it the best racer ever?
And who do you think contributed the most to make usac racing what it is today?

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
FuKnutZ
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »

AJ Foyt....... Period........ he was in my opinion the finest driver ever.

"A man's got to know his limitations"
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:04:55 AM »

ahh yes he is quite good. i have not really dug up much info of him though. i just hear a lot from my friends.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Jacrace
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:25:07 AM »

The best, there may be more than one opinion, but how can you argue with AJ....as far as who has done the most for USAC, I think that is a work in progress with the guys that climbed the USAC ladder and are now giving back by fielding race teams, etc. That is if the guys at the top don't screw it up. The schedules this year were pretty poor in my opinion, way to many holes, I think some of the USAC regulars ran more weekly shows than USAC shows this summer. We need more Midget / Sprint combined shows, not fewer as was the case this year. What happened to Toledo and Mansfield?Huh
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 01:32:15 AM »

yep i know what you mean by them racing week shows. levi pared up with a guy from cali to run some night shows, and levi runs his team on some races. then he races with tony's team in the usac.

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: