USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:08:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel National Championship @ IMS In July  (Read 21132 times)
nashjr13
Rookie

« on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »

Do we have a Hotel that will be used for the Indy Race in July?  Any recommendations?

Larry Nash
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:09:17 PM »

I thought I gave you the city name my family recommended as a good place to stay.  I can't remember if off the top of my head, but I will dig up the emails with them and let you know when I see you this weekend.  I know it was about 10 - 15 minutes from the track.  My cousin in an Indianapolis Police Officer so she knows the places to avoid pretty well. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 01:12:23 AM »

If you can stay downtown it’s pretty nice to just walk around at night, mall, movies, good restaurants, carriage rides and even a crackers comedy club.  Rock Bottom is a great place to eat and is right across the corner from the Embassy and across from the mall.  The Embassy is nice and includes a cook to order breakfast buffet which is awesome and an indoor pool and for those that drink a social hour.

USAC Developmental
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »

The official USAC hotel for the .25 Midget Nationals is....

COMFORT SUITES
500 W. Northfield Dr.
Brownsburg, IN 46112
(317) 852-2000

Mention USAC Nationals to get the discounted rate.  Alan Bolante is the GM there and a huge racing fan! 

Guests of this Brownsburg, IN hotel will enjoy superior amenities, including free deluxe continental breakfast, free coffee, free weekday newspaper and free local calls. Guests will also enjoy the fitness center and indoor pool.

Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and public areas, two telephone lines, and access to copy and fax services. There is also a business center available.

This all-suite property offers rooms equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. Don't forget to ask about the whirlpool suites. Handicap accessible suites are also available.
gass
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 10:49:29 AM »

The official USAC hotel for the .25 Midget Nationals is....

COMFORT SUITES
500 W. Northfield Dr.
Brownsburg, IN 46112
(317) 852-2000

Mention USAC Nationals to get the discounted rate.  Alan Bolante is the GM there and a huge racing fan! 

Guests of this Brownsburg, IN hotel will enjoy superior amenities, including free deluxe continental breakfast, free coffee, free weekday newspaper and free local calls. Guests will also enjoy the fitness center and indoor pool.

Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free high-speed Internet access in all rooms and public areas, two telephone lines, and access to copy and fax services. There is also a business center available.

This all-suite property offers rooms equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. Don't forget to ask about the whirlpool suites. Handicap accessible suites are also available.

This is a very nice and clean hotel I have stayed there many times, it is one exit down from the Speedway.  About 8 miles away. 
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 02:52:43 PM »

Made our hotel reservation today...now we are getting really excited...July won't be able to get here fast enough!!!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Rice768
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »

I am not to familiar to this Hotel.,Can you add some pictures and details about this hotel.,/

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »

Pics can be found here:

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-brownsburg-indiana-IN098/Hotel-Photos?sid=G9NYg.KJCwSgL$bi.1
gass
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »

This hotel also has a I believe it is KMART in front of it an a Bob Evans, it is close to everything right off the expressway it is a very clean hotel.

We had a tornado close, and they woke every room up to come downstairs very good hotel.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

I will tell you the toughest part of getting a room is finding a place that will accept a dog.  Dear me it took several calls before I finally found one.  See you all in Indy.  Maybe if my husband would do the calling and the hunting he would listen to me about getting a mobile home!  So far no luck! Roll Eyes
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »

I have heard from family members that there is a Holiday Inn Express somewhere close to the areas of this hotel that does accept pets.  I don't know the specifics, but I am sure google probably has more information. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 11:37:48 AM »

Thanks Scott,  I was able to find a motel not far from the track that looks ok and will accept pets but it sure did take some work to find one.  We showed dogs many years ago and never did I have a problem finding a motel guess times have changed do to inconsiderate individuals.

See you in Indy looking forward to the experience.  Should be a good show of cars, handlers, and drivers.  Plus that I know that James will make sure it runs smoothly.
dvracing
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

Just FYI-

Drury Inn's take dogs- they are always welcome- you just have to sign a document when you check in.  There is a new Drury in Indy- (and there is an older one too) we got a great rate for the week at the new Drury, actually got a great rate on a suite.  Drury has free hot breakfast- eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, juice, donuts, muffins, waffles, french toast, etc.  Plus free soda, chips, veggies/dip and cocktails in the evenings for a specified time.  Free soda and popcorn until 10:00 every night-  Drury offers lots of corporate discounts, promotions and they offer group rates at a steep discount.  It is a nice place to stay, clean and comfortable and they offer some great deals.
IndyQMDad
Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:51:34 PM »

Mindy,

You should ask them for a little $ and decals for the car after that pitch Grin. "The DV Racing 160 sponsored by Drury Inn and Suites" has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

It was nice seeing you this past weekend and thanks for the video. We'll look forward to seeing you at IMS next month.

David

David
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 09:22:13 AM »

Another option is the Candlewood Suites on Bash RD.  They are the official hotel of Mini Indy.  They have a room for $69. Just call the hotel directly and ask for the fairgounds "mini indy" rate. Also for you QMA members Mini Indy is having a 50 Lap JR. Honda feature on July 4th for those not going to Mac-o-Chee but want to get a race in before the Nationals.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: